School House #8
This picture is circa 1918. Located on Bartley Hill Road, this schoolhouse replaced the old 25-foot by 17-foot red schoolhouse that was built in 1794. The newer building was finished in 1858 and the belfry was added 1912. The building burned down in 1931 but was replaced in 1932. It also served multiple purposes to the community, providing a place to host events like singing school, spelling competitions, and religious revivals.